Depends that you want to use .htaccess files then you need to do:
or place data into httpd.conf
Below link may help to understand the logic for Apache.
It looks like the community answer is nearly there but the provided URLs are slightly off.
Here is the correct URL for setting up auth on Apache, specifically the section being referenced regarding enabling authentication directives: https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/howto/auth.html#theprerequisites
Here is further documentation on Apache's
AllowOverride configuration directive: https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/core.html#allowoverride
- Accepted Answerasked 9 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 12 days ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- EXPERTpublished 4 months ago