While this is not documented clearly, check out Service Quotas for both Fargate and ECS: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonECS/latest/developerguide/service-quotas.html.
Another solution that others have said worked (to activate a new region) is to launch an EC2 instance in the region to "activate" the region.
From previous questions, those 2 have typically fixed the issue since it seems that unactivated/new accounts may come with a limit of 2 tasks that can be run concurrently.
- Accepted Answerasked 4 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 4 years ago
- How do I troubleshoot the error “ECS was unable to assume the role” when running the Amazon ECS tasks?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- How do I resolve the error "CannotPullContainerError: You have reached your pull rate limit" in Amazon ECS?AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago