AWS EKS - CloudFormation Script fails (just the documented tutorial with no changes)
- I have successfully deployed EKS via AWS Cloudformation template in the past (about an year ago).
- Now when I am trying to deploy EKS via AWS Cloudformation its failing.
- The error message is NOT clear enough for me to go and fix the reason of the crash, any tips on how to go about this error message?
Documentation and Steps Used
- Page: https://aws.amazon.com/quickstart/architecture/amazon-eks/
- Deploy using AWS CloudFormation with new VPC
Amazon EKS (ROLLBACK_COMPLETE) has the following events that Failed
- AutoDetectSharedResources > CREATE_FAILED with log Embedded stack arn:aws:cloudformation:us-east-2:SOME_ID : stack/Amazon-EKS-AutoDetectSharedResources-SOME_UUID was not successfully created: The following resource(s) failed to create: PreReqs .
- Amazon-EKS > ROLLBACK_IN_PROGRESS with log The following resource(s) failed to create: AutoDetectSharedResources. Rollback requested by user.
One more log seems to be important (BUT the Cloudformation Script is from AWS so I doubt it might be a root cause)
RegisterHelmType CREATE_FAILED CloudFormation did not receive a response from your Custom Resource. Please check your logs for requestId [SOME_UUID]. If you are using the Python cfn-response module, you may need to update your Lambda function code so that CloudFormation can attach the updated version.
To detect issue properly it would help to avoid rolling back. You can try that using aws cloudformation create-stack --stack-name myteststack --template-body file://DOC-EXAMPLE-BUCKET.json -–disable-rollback
AWS EKS - CloudFormation Script fails (just the documented tutorial with no changes)asked 3 months ago
Create Route via Cloudformation Templateasked 3 months ago
Deployed One laravel app on AWS Elastic Beanstalk & EKS Same Database RDS WAccepted Answerasked 3 years ago
How can you define the resource's location in CloudFormation?Accepted Answerasked 2 years ago
EKS Managed Nodegroup with Capacity Reservation in Launch Template through CloudFormation does not use Capacity Reservation.asked 2 months ago
EKS Cluster Create FailedAccepted Answerasked 4 months ago
CloudFormation Script Fails on LoadBalancer with Message "ElasticLoadBalancerV2 LoadBalancer did not stabilize"Accepted Answerasked 5 months ago
CloudFormation reference the userId that is running the Templateasked 20 days ago
Example 1 create an Aws code commit pipeline with Aws cloudformationasked 2 months ago
I am trying to deploy the EKS cluster using s3 template but getting errors, please help measked 4 months ago