There is no out of the box way to sync all of the details from one region to another using Cognito. There are solutions like the Cognito user profiles export reference architecture. However, that won't sync the passwords.
You should be able to have API Gateway and the Cognito User Pool in different regions without a problem. https://docs.aws.amazon.com/apigateway/latest/developerguide/apigateway-enable-cognito-user-pool.html
basically aws forces you to run app in single-region but telling to run in multi region during the re:invent etc. What's the point of that dev guide to "sync" cross-region if passwords won't sync and users won't be able to login?....
So there is no way to have a 100% cross region resilience. In region 1 and 2 will share the cognito of region 1. I have a serverless stack api gateway > lambda > dynomodb - but because of cognito cannot call it a resilient system.
- Accepted Answerasked a month ago
- Accepted Answerasked a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 10 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 years ago
- How do I integrate a multi-Region and multi-account Amazon Cognito user pool with an Amazon Cognito identity pool?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 10 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 6 months ago