Regions are physical locations which are fully independent and isolated, they consist of Multiple Availability Zones. In case of failure these services are designed to handle concurrent device failures by quickly detecting and repairing any lost redundancy.
A customer can implement the Cross Region Replication feature for more data redundancy (this can be done manually) .
Data is stored as objects within resources called “buckets” also, S3 has a variety of Storage Classes which gives a users a chance to pick a way in which to store their data, classes differ in terms of data type,price and access patterns. Refer to document to better understand how AWS S3 is designed and how it actually achieves the % durability.
Please see the documents in links , ,  for further explanations.
Hope this help.
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- What happens to new or existing objects when I turn on default encryption with AWS KMS on my Amazon S3 bucket?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 5 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 months ago
- EXPERTpublished a year ago
- EXPERTpublished 2 months ago