EPEL is a third-party, community-driven repository targeting EL distros (RHEL, and its clones or hybrids). But starting with AL2023, AL is an independent distro that uses multiple upstreams. It's not directly compatible with RHEL, and therefore EPEL packages are unlikely to work with it.
Customers in need of additional packages in AL2023 should request them through their customer representatives or support channels.
- asked 2 years ago
- How do I configure a script to automatically run when I start a hibernated Amazon Linux 2023 EC2 instance?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 4 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- How do I turn on the EPEL repository for my Amazon EC2 instance that runs CentOS, RHEL, or Amazon Linux?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 8 months ago
- Why am I receiving errors when using yum on my EC2 instance running Amazon Linux 1, Amazon Linux 2, or Amazon Linux 2023?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 8 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 7 months ago