I understand you are asking same feature for event rule rule target for step function as it's for lambda function, where we can specify alias/version too.
You rightly figured out that this is achievable through CLI and cloudformation both but in UI, it doesn't let us choose the version or enter the state machine arn.
It can definitely be added to roadmap/feature request or might already be there in the roadmap. If you/org has Enterprise Support, you can talk to your Account Team and they can get a request logged. Roadmap/PFRs can only be shared with customer who are under Non Disclosure Agreement(NDA) with AWS.
I know this may not be the answer you'd expect but I have just tried to explain the process and right way of getting a such feature request logged.
Hope you find this information helpful.
- Accepted Answerasked 2 years ago
- asked 5 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- Why is the EventBridge rule that was created using AWS CLI or AWS CloudFormation failing to invoke its target?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- EXPERTpublished 9 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 2 months ago