We can estimate the time it takes to transfer 10TB of data using the following steps:
Yes, there are ways to estimate how long it will take for AWS DataSync to migrate data from on-premises to AWS. As you noted, several factors can affect transfer time, including the amount of data, the maximum file size, the available bandwidth, and any network latency.
Convert the bandwidth from 1Gbps to gigabytes per second (GB/s). There are 8 bits in a byte, so 1Gbps is equal to 0.125 GB/s.
Divide the total data size (10TB or 10,000 GB) by the bandwidth (0.125 GB/s) to get the transfer time in seconds.
The calculation will be:
10,000 GB / 0.125 GB/s = 80,000 seconds
So once you convert it to hours it will be around 22 hours .
Let me know if I answered your question or if you have any follow-up
You might try DataSync Discovery which is in preview. See: Simplify and accelerate your data migration using AWS DataSync Discovery.
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 years ago
- How can I use an Amazon VPC endpoint to activate a DataSync agent across AWS Regions or across accounts?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 7 days ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 7 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- EXPERTpublished 4 months ago