Can you check if you have permission to change the time zone by running the command below in a command prompt?
If you cannot confirm "SeTimeZonePrivilege" by executing the command, it is possible that privileges are not set in the user's security group.
You may be able to set it by changing it in other ways such as the following.
Right-click "timedate.cpl" and click "Run as administrator" to start it as shown below.
Set the time zone to the one you want to change.
Thanks. Opening an elevated 'timedate.cpl' worked. Not sure why SeTimeZonePrivilege is set to 'disabled' by default for a domain admin.
- asked 3 years ago
- Accepted Answerasked 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- How can I migrate a Windows Lightsail instance to an Amazon EC2 instance for troubleshooting purposes?AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 4 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 10 months ago