The Unreal Engine UpdatePlayerSessionCreationPolicy documentation has an example of how you'd invoke this particular SDK call
FGameLiftGenericOutcome outcome = Aws::GameLift::Server::UpdatePlayerSessionCreationPolicy(Aws::GameLift::Model::EPlayerSessionCreationPolicy::ACCEPT_ALL);
In terms of when to invoke it, this would have to be custom logic within the game server itself. Once the game server has started (can be identified via the
onStartGameSession callback) and the required players have joined, the server can invoke
UpdatePlayerSessionCreationPolicy to prevent other players from joining. This could be built into the logic which accepts (
AcceptPlayerSession) and reports new players to GameLift.
Alternatively, if the customer has a client backend service that is routing players to GameLift servers, it can update the
PlayerSessionCreationPolicy using the UpdateGameSession API call when required.
- Accepted Answerasked 6 years ago
- Accepted Answerasked 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 years ago
- How do I set up the AWS Load Balancer Controller on an Amazon EKS cluster for Fargate and deploy the 2048 game?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 10 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- Why is my MySQL DB instance showing a high number of active sessions waiting on SYNCH wait events in Performance Insights?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 5 months ago