Hi Peter, thank you very much for your help. Actually, the reason was my stupidity, I have added the MX records to Lightsail where I host my website, problem solved. So it was not a Route 53 problem at all.
I have performed a DNS lookup ( dig novotthon.com MX) for MX record for your domain and it does not return an answer. This means that the MX record is missing in Route 53 hosted zone.
Please create the MX record record (steps below) and perform similar lookup to confirm.
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open Route 53 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/route53/.
- In the navigation pane, choose Hosted zones.
- In the Records section, click Create record.
- Leave Routing policy as Simple routing.
- Leave Record name blank.
- Leave Alias off (slider to the left).
- For Record type select MX
- In the TTL (seconds) field, leave the default value.
- In the Value field, enter the values/mailserver provided by google.
You can also refer to google article for the same. https://support.google.com/a/answer/6149697?hl=en#zippy=%2Cstep-go-to-your-dns-records%2Csep-delete-existing-mx-records%2Cstep-add-the-new-mx-records%2Cstep-tell-google-to-find-your-new-mx-records
$ dig novotthon.com MX
; <<>> DiG 9.11.18 <<>> novotthon.com MX
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 11669
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;novotthon.com. IN MX
;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
novotthon.com. 300 IN SOA ns-1162.awsdns-17.org. awsdns-hostmaster.amazon.com. 1 7200 900 1209600 86400
Edited by: PeterN-AWS on Mar 23, 2021 10:34 PM
And what if this doesn't work? I did mine yesterday and the MX records still have not propagated. I thought AWS had a 60-second propagation turnaround.
How do I post my own thread on here? I don't see an option to.
Edited by: Swartz on Mar 24, 2021 11:22 AM
Responded in your new thread - https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?messageID=978638󮻎
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 7 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 10 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 8 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 5 months ago