Yes, it is possible to include your deployment package with your Lambda function in your CDK stack. Here's an example of how you can achieve this:
First, make sure you have the necessary dependencies installed to build and deploy your CDK stack. You can follow the instructions here to set up your environment: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cdk/latest/guide/getting_started.html#getting_started_prerequisites.
Create a new directory for your CDK project and initialize a new CDK app:
mkdir my-cdk-project cd my-cdk-project cdk init app --language python
Create a new directory inside your project directory for your Lambda function and add a Python file with your function code:
mkdir functions touch functions/my_function.py
Add your Lambda function code to my_function.py.
Add the necessary CDK modules to your project:
pip install aws-cdk.aws-lambda pip install aws-cdk.aws-apigateway
In your app.py file, create a new Lambda function using the aws_lambda.Function class and specify the path to your deployment package using the code parameter. Here's an example:
from aws_cdk import ( core, aws_lambda, ) class MyCdkStack(core.Stack): def __init__(self, scope: core.Construct, id: str, **kwargs) -> None: super().__init__(scope, id, **kwargs) # Create a new Lambda function my_function = aws_lambda.Function( self, "MyFunction", runtime=aws_lambda.Runtime.PYTHON_3_8, handler="functions.my_function.handler", code=aws_lambda.Code.asset("path/to/your/deployment/package"), )
Make sure to replace "path/to/your/deployment/package" with the actual path to your deployment package.
Deploy your CDK stack using the cdk deploy command.
This will create your Lambda function and deploy your deployment package to AWS.
I hope this helps!
- Accepted Answerasked a year ago
- Accepted Answerasked 2 months ago
- How do I resolve the "Unable to import module" error that I receive when I run Lambda code in Python?AWS OFFICIALUpdated a month ago
- How do I troubleshoot "permission denied" or "unable to import module" errors when uploading a Lambda deployment package?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- How do I update the AWS CloudFormation cfn-response module for AWS Lambda functions running on Python 2.7/3.6/3.7?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- EXPERTpublished 3 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 2 months ago
Thanks for help,
I actually havae this already. I'm using Jenkins to deploy it.
I think it's important to note that I have the stack written in TypeSCript. But the lambda is in python.
However, I do have the code=Code.fromAsset("<my_path">).
Which now confuses me more why my lambda doesn't work.