there are a few services you could use like that:
- EFS - NFS for Linux Distributions (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/AmazonEFS.html)
- FSX for Windows File Server - Basically a Windows File Server wich can be mounted in Linux and Windows Servers. (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/fsx/latest/WindowsGuide/what-is.html)
- Then you could also use Storage Gateway, more specific the S3 File Gateway to mount to S3 via SMB or NFS ( https://us-east-1.console.aws.amazon.com/storagegateway?region=us-east-1#)
- Or Amazon WorkDocs (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/workdocs/latest/userguide/what_is.html)
For that type of solution I agree with Brettski & Heiko +1 for WorkDocs.
With WorkDocs you can share files and folders with other users, inside and outside of your organization. You can invite other users, or by email links to files or folders. When you share by invitation, you can choose which permissions the user has.
If you are building an Application, the other file and object stores are probably better suited.
To share files from AWS there are several solutions. A couple that readily come to mind are Amazon S3 and and Amazon EFS. Both of the above could be made to work with FTP though various means. Note that FTP is not a secure protocol.
EFS can be muti attached to several instances simultaneously.
To learn about various storage options at AWS in depth - take a look at these storage learning plans that are available at no charge from the below link. https://aws.amazon.com/training/badges/ - You can be awarded Credly badges as well.
Thanks for your answers. what I would like to do is share a folder, with files, with different users not in the same network who use Windows 10. I would like to use AWS, maybe EFS can do it for me?
- asked a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 5 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 7 months ago
+1 for WorkDocs here.