CloudFormation drift checks differences in AWS settings (instance type, EBS type, etc.), so drift does not occur with information inside the EC2 OS.
CloudFormation detects drift on those AWS resources that support drift detection. Resources that don't support drift detection are assigned a drift status of NOT_CHECKED. For a list of AWS resources that support drift detection, see Resources that support import and drift detection operations.
- Accepted Answerasked a year ago
- Accepted Answerasked 5 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- How do I use the Microsoft KB number in Patch Manager to install a specific patch or set of patches?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 9 months ago
- How do I automate Linux updates on my EC2 instance using Systems Manager Patch Manager patch policies?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 9 months ago
- How do I troubleshoot a missing KB patch after a successful patching operation on EC2 Windows instances through Patch Manager?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 9 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 7 months ago