Update, i tried an eu region "eu-west-1" for everything "rule set, config and queue" along with the fleet and build but still the ticket stuck in placing, so currently only us-east-1 region is working for me.
Hello James, Thanks for your reply.
- I have already dummy latencies for test purposes and its low "60 ms", which means it will have no issue to connect to any fleet. Still, if I removed all fleets and left the one I want, it won't work and no instances will be created at all.
- In my queue, I have the regions and fleet added in destinations "I tried removing all fleets except the one I want to", but if the us-east-1 fleet not there It won't, it won't create any instance and the tickets will get timed out.
- I tried that too, I wrote a lambda function that creates game sessions and worked fine and instances created.
Could you verify a few things for us?
- The best practice is that that you should be passing in player latencies for all the fleet locations. If not, then GameLift uses a very high value (1000) as the default latency for the location, and it may be filtered out if you have a player latency policy on your queue. If you have a player latency policy on the queue, try removing that first, or specify a dummy latency for all of your locations.
- Check your queue's filterConfiguration (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSCloudFormation/latest/UserGuide/aws-properties-gamelift-gamesessionqueue-filterconfiguration.html) to see if you allowed only placement on us-east-1? (If FilterConfiguration is not configured then by default it should allow all locations)
- Try manually calling CreateGameSession to see if you can create a game session in locations besides us-west-2? Part of what makes a Matchmaking ticket successful is that a game session is successfully created.
For #2, could you check if your queue has a filter configuration? If not, then please give us the following information to help us verify if there is an issue in the backend:
- Queue name
- Region of the queue
- Approximate time when you last tried to place a game session on the queue and faced the timeout issue
.NET 5 Server App on GameLift?Accepted Answerasked a year ago
Unity plugin for Gamelift failing to deployasked 2 months ago
GameLift Plug-in for Unity now availableasked a year ago
Server works with Gamelift-local, breaks on fleet activationasked 3 years ago
Gamelift - Current limit of instance type of c4.large have been reachedasked 4 years ago
Amazon GameLift: "Error! Cannot create the fleet. Reason: Current limit of fleets of 0 have been reached.."asked 4 months ago
Uploaded Builds not showing in Gameliftasked 6 months ago
Gamelift fleet instance deploy locationasked a year ago
Introspection on GameLift EC2 instanceAccepted Answerasked 10 months ago
GameLift Hosting for existing gameasked a year ago