Integrate AWS API Gateway with Web Application Firewall to prevent OWASP Vulnerabilities. Use Predefined or create Custom rules based on your regulatory requirements.
Lambda authorizer functions for controlling access to API methods using token authentication(JWT Validation).
Enforce API Keys/Tokens to the API Users and implement API access plans and rate limiting by leveraging AWS API Gateway OOB functionalities.
Create an Amazon API Gateway Private API with AWS VPC Lambda proxy integration.https://serverlessland.com/patterns/cdk-private-api-lambda
Enable real time security event monitoring with proper audit trails and logs . Raise alerts/Notification in case of deviation from normal access patterns
API Gateway supports multiple mechanisms for controlling and managing access to your API.
You can use the following mechanisms for authentication and authorization:
- Resource policies let you create resource-based policies to allow or deny access to your APIs and methods from specified source IP addresses or VPC endpoints.
- Standard AWS IAM roles and policies offer flexible and robust access controls that can be applied to an entire API or individual methods. IAM roles and policies can be used for controlling who can create and manage your APIs, as well as who can invoke them.
- IAM tags can be used together with IAM policies to control access.
- Endpoint policies for interface VPC endpoints allow you to attach IAM resource policies to interface VPC endpoints to improve the security of your private APIs.
- Lambda authorizers are Lambda functions that control access to REST API methods using bearer token authentication—as well as information described by headers, paths, query strings, stage variables, or context variables request parameters. Lambda authorizers are used to control who can invoke REST API methods.
- Amazon Cognito user pools let you create customizable authentication and authorization solutions for your REST APIs. Amazon Cognito user pools are used to control who can invoke REST API methods.
- Accepted Answerasked 2 years ago
- Accepted Answerasked 8 months ago
- Accepted Answerasked 3 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 8 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 5 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- EXPERTpublished 6 months ago