There are no users with a pre-set password when an EC2 is initially stood up with an AMI.
To set one up, access your instance using SSH (or Instance Connect, or Systems Manager) as the default user - on Amazon Linux this is ec2-user
Elevate yourself to the root user
sudo su -
Add a new user and set its password https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/6/html/deployment_guide/s2-users-cl-tools
Enter this new user's credentials and password when you telnet to the EC2.
- asked 8 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 5 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 months ago
- EXPERTpublished a month ago
- EXPERTpublished 2 months ago