Yes, it's possible and purely depends on exact use case.
Additional discussions for your reference:
Yes, it is possible.
The following document shows port forwarding to RDS, but it is also possible to port forward SSH to Linux EC2.
It is also possible to connect directly with Session Manager if the Linux EC2 is registered as a managed node of Systems Manager.
If this answer leads to a resolution, please approve the answer for the betterment of the community.
Also, consider that using SSM fir bastion host purposes has been dramatically simplified with this recently: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/connect-using-eice.html
- Accepted Answerasked 2 years ago
- asked 2 years ago
- Accepted Answerasked 4 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 years ago
- How do I use Systems Manager Session Manager port forwarding without a bastion host to connect to my EC2 instance through RDP?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 10 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 8 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 9 months ago
- EXPERTpublished a year ago