I suggest using your preferred trigger s3, eventbridge or sqs/sns to start a step function which can then start a fargate task (Which does not have 15min time limit). You can also add additional logic and error handling to the step function
What you are looking for is an equivalent of GCP's Cloud Run.
While I'm curious what others have to suggest, there is no exact Cloud Run equivalent in AWS.
There are couple of things -
- You can have a small Fargate task running, and scale up when requests comes in; or simply use App Runner. This approach while not giving you absolutely 0 cost when there is no request, the overhead is very small;
- You can also use AWS Batch, Lambda, SQS, Step Function etc. to process the upload in an asynchronous manner, this is the closest to what you want to achieve. AWS Batch is made for the use case you described, not sure why you believe it would not work for you;
- You also have the option to write your own logic, for example, use Lambda function to trigger a set of automation that creates let's say a new ECS task, and at the end of processing, trigger another Lambda function within the task that deletes the task.
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 4 months ago