I understand you want to stop/terminate your instance but you are unable to and receive an “disableApiStop” error. You instance has stop proctection enabled , to disable you need to select the instance and go to Actions > instance details > Change stop protection, for Stop protection, choose disable.
I faced this issue, but the instance terminate protection was disabled already. What did work for me after I updated my cli tools to version "aws-cli/2.7.20 Python/3.9.11 Darwin/21.5.0 exe/x86_64 prompt/off" was:
aws ec2 modify-instance-attribute --instance-id <instance_id> --no-disable-api-stop
I have a feeling this is a old/new console api incomatablity and wonder if I switched to old console that I might of had success turning it on/off there too.
"aws-cli/2.2.30 Python/3.8.8 Darwin/21.5.0 exe/x86_64 prompt/off" - did not work
- asked 8 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- Why am I getting a "Server refused our key" error when I try to connect to my EC2 instance using SSH?AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- EXPERTpublished 3 months ago